Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Here Comes The Bride!


I can't believe I haven't blogged about this yet, but we all know what it's like to be busy. Especially when you are completing a second Masters degree, searching for a job, and, oh I don't know, PLANNING A WEDDING!!! That's right, I'm engaged! Enjoy the story.It's funny how much of a blur it can all seem, due to the excitement and the feelings that just can't be put into words. My description here does no justice to the actual day, but hopefully my memory serves well in telling the story. On the 30th of September, 2006, Jamey asked me to marry him. We were in Barcelona Spain for a holiday/vacation. The weather was beautiful the whole time we were there. We spent the later part of the week sightseeing and enjoying the Spanish food and culture. On Saturday, we rented a private sailboat for the day. It was just the two of us and our skipper. The sailboat was fabulous! It slept up to 12 people, so it was pretty big. It was equipped with a kitchen, 3 bedrooms, a living room, and 2 toilets (or in America, bathrooms). It was a gorgeous day for Sailing! We sailed from Barcelona to another town called Baddelona, where we had an amazing Spanish lunch (Lobster Paella). On our way back, I was sitting at the front of the boat, soaking up the sun and enjoying the relaxing moments of the day at sea, when Jamey came to join me. We were sitting together for awhile, taking in the beautiful surroundings, when he asked me if I was enjoying myself. When I told him that I was enjoying myself so much that I wished I could bottle up the day and take it home with me, he went to reach in his pocket. I encouraged him to take a picture of the two of us, as I was certain he was reaching in his pocket for the camera. As I looked down, I realized it was not a camera he pulled from his pocket, but a small blue box wrapped with white ribbon. Tears immediately filled my eyes, and I was speechless. Jamey opened the box and inside was the most beautiful ring I have ever seen in my life! He presented the ring to me, told me that he has known for a long time that this day would come, and then proceeded to ask me to be his wife and spend the rest of our lives together. I graciously accepted! We arrived back to Barcelona and later went out to dinner to celebrate the exciting day. My mom and dad were the first to know, as Jamey asked for their blessings just before our trip. They did a very good job keeping it from me, because I was completely surprised. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect, or magical proposal! I'm marrying "MR. RIGHT" in more ways than one! I am truely blessed.

No comments: