Thursday, March 2, 2006

Happy Birthday Brooke!

Today is Brooke's, one of my best friends, birthday. Happy Birthday to ya if you are reading this. That's one of the really hard things about living in Europe, the fact that I miss out on special occasions of my friends and family from back home. But then I think about it, and even if I were in NC right now, would I see Brooke and celebrate her birthday with her today, a Thursday? Probably not. She would be in class, 3 hours away from me, and I would be busy working. So it seems like it sucks to be away, but it's really not as bad as it seems. It will just make the future birthdays that we celebrate together even more special!

The weather here today has been weird. When I woke up this morning, it was snowing. Now, the sun is shining bright. Hope it stays this way.

I had to go to the US Embassy today to have more pages added to my passport. Yep, I have so many stamps in there that I was running out of pages! Pretty impressive, isn't it?

Yesterday was the first day of Lent. Now, I'm not Catholic, or any of the denominations that practice Lent, but I've decided I'm going to give it a go. From yesterday until Easter Sunday, I have given up CHOCOLATE! I'll definately enjoy my Cadbury Easter Eggs this year, won't I? I'll try to keep you posted on how I'm doing along the way. For now, I think I'll go and have some nice grapes for a snack.

No comments: