Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Valentine's Day, 2006

It was my first Valentine's day in Europe. Now, I've had great Valentine's Days in the past, but this one takes the cake. Jamey sent me an email invite for an evening out on Valentine's Day. We both got all dressed up and away we went, I had no idea where we were going. We ended up at this amzing restaurant in Copenhagen that is an old Monastery. We walk in and are greeted by the host, who takes our coats for us and leads us into the lounge for our welcome sparkling wine. The lounge was so amazing. It was decorated like an old study/library, with red leather sofas, surrounded by bookshelves filled with books that were published in the 1800's! We sat there and enjoyed our bubbly while we listened to tunes by old blue eyes (Frank Sinatra) playing in the background. Jamey pulled a book off the shelf to have a look, and it just so happened to be Shakespere! So it was pretty amazing to have my date for Valentines day sit beside me on the red leather sofa, read Shakespere poetry to me from a book published in the 1800's, while listening to Sinatra and sipping champagne. I was litterally living out a fantasy! We were later seated in a room that was lit only by candlelight. Our dinner was preordered so we didn't have to worry about choosing our menu for the evening. We just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company. The food was as amazing as the atmosphere. It was probably the best Valentine's Day yet! ~Jac

No comments: